Monday, September 30, 2013

Assignment #4: My Backpack

My backpack holds a sort of sentimental value to me. Recently, my brother left for USMC Bootcamp, before he left he gave me the backpack I'm currently using. Originally, it was meant to be a temporary backpack until I got a new one, but here it is four weeks into school, and I still have it. I'll probably get a new one soon.
Having been homeschooled for the first 10 years of my education, I am really close with all my brothers and sisters. But, I am especially close with my older brother. He and I were in many of the same level classes and so when we were homeschooled we basically spent the whole day together. Over the years, that built a strong relationship.
My brother got the backpack from an Emergency Response Team he was on. He had to leave the team because he left for the Marines. The night before he left, he gave it to me. It had some pretty cool stuff in it, most anything you might need in an emergency. It's emptied of that now, and is currently filled with school books.

It's a silly, nostalgic story of a backpack, but none the less, that's the story of my backpack.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment